Hello to you! You may have wondered what I got up to last weekend especially if you have been snooping around on my instagram page as it’s very pink to say the least.
On Saturday morning, representing Luxuria Lifestyle, I headed over to the most instagrammable cafe everyone has been talking about. Elan Cafe shouldn’t just be renown for its iconic flower wall and it’s picturesque and flowery decor but also for its unique and elegant menu. So let me tell you about Elan.
Elan Cafe was founded Alexandra Miller only recently. Her love and passion for Elan is truly visible and it is embedded within the petals on the wall. Alexandra’s attention to detail is visible from the moment you step through Elan Cafes doors. From its Blossom trees to the elegantly laid cupcakes and slices of mouth-watering goodness across white marble tops- you really get a sense of Home coming. The smell of fresh pastry fills the air with sweet aromas.
It’s a bloggers dream. Yes I said it. If you fancy taking a few snaps you aren’t short of choice for a backdrop. We were very lucky to sit against the iconic flower wall but other back drops such as hundreds of takeaway coffee cups with little quotes across the front of them were just as dreamy.
Elan isn’t short for food choice as it caters for gluten free and also those who are vegan. A big tick if you ask me. Each dish is styled beautifully with a contemporary finish. There is an art to the final piece as Edible flowers are sprinkled over the top and intricate patterns are intertwined within the froth of Ruby Lattes.
I opted for a sweet and savoury dish to maximise my palettes taste buds and to really get a feel of the chefs style.
- Avocado on toasted Sour dough bread, flaked hot smoked salmon and poach eggs.
The avocado was fresh creamy, perfectly ripe and unlike other cafes, they weren’t afraid to layer it into the freshly toasted sough dough. The poached eggs were show offs as they oozed richness with a bright orange yolk. The smoked salmon seemed as if a river run out the back of the cafe and was cut and smoked right on he door step.
- Açai bowl with banana, passion fruit, pomegranates and gluten free coconut and granola.
Presented like no other, this Bali themed breakfast desert was made of dreams. The banana complimented the granola and coconut flakes so well it flooded a beaming smile across my face with each scoop that entered my mouth. The red berry smoothie was a perfectly blended sauce. I have a craving for anything sweet so this was just divine.
Both dishes were faultless and each was presented with a unique and chic style.
Other food choices: A range of Açai bowls, hot breakfasts, roasts, flat breads, sweets, sharing platters, bites, soups, plates and desserts.
The drinks were something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory.
- Hot Chocolate:
There is a selection of hot chcolate you can chose from. Praline, Nutella, Chilli, dark, milk and white.
My choice was recommended to me by the waitress and an exquisite choice she made! Nutella hot chocolate. This has to be the best hot chocolate I have encountered. Ever. I’d like to think that I can have a go at making this at home but I don’t think it will live up to the sweet and creamy taste set in my memory. Kind of fancy one now actually…
- Raspberry and Blackcurrant smoothie:
A heavenly sweet concoction which tasted like it should give you a guilt trip once drinking but it’s safe to say I could have tried the whole smoothie menu. Hats of to the chefs downstairs.
Other drinks include a range of: Ice teas, Smoothies, Fresh coffees, alternative Lattes, Frappes and freshly squeezed juices.
This was an absolute 10/10. With the queue building up fast at the front door the whole team at Brompton Road were on their feet and all hands on deck at all times. They kept the elegant and relaxing ethos stable throughout the room which in turn made our time having brunch at Elan Cafe one of the most enjoyable experiences to date.
Tips is you are planning a visit:
- If you can, visit Elan during the week when it doesn’t get as busy. Its popularity already makes getting a table over the weekend very difficult. If you are visiting over the weekend, early morning from 8am is best where we skipped the queues outside. Queues vary but when we arrived it started getting busy at 10:30am.
- Nearest tubes South Kensington is about an 8 minute walk.
Best photo spots:
- The blossom tree
- The flower wall located to the very back
- The Coffee cup wall located at the middle/back
- The white marble tops are perfect for table lays and great when taking shots of the food.
- The green and pink velvet sofas positioned out the back
- The Elan Cafe canvassing at the shops front
Let me guess, I now have you at the edge of your seats wanting to book your train ticket for the next possible opportunity to step through the doors of Elan Cafe. So I’ll see you there next week?
Elan Cafe: http://www.elancafe.co.uk
Join us for more Luxury at: https://www.luxurialifestyle.co.uk
- Lastly don’t forget to purchase your tickets for the Luxuria Lifestyle Bloggers event February 25th. You can purchase your tickets here but hurry as only the last few remaining!
Love Sheps x
More photos to come…